Author Topic: 11/26 Portland Men's Roller Derby vs. Puget Sound Outcasts  (Read 95290 times)

Carpe Demon

11/26 Portland Men's Roller Derby vs. Puget Sound Outcasts
« on: November 28, 2011, 08:07:20 PM »
Portland Men's Roller Derby hosted the Puget Sound Outcasts for our 5th (and MRDA-qualifying!) full-length bout, titled "Shanksgiving".  And what an amazing bout it was!

Puget took an early lead in the first jam, but Portland took it right back in the second jam and pulled away, at one point leading PSOD by more than 50 points.  It was a hard-fought, rough-n-tumble, physical bout, and penalty trouble led to multiple powerjams on both sides.  At halftime, the score stood at PMRD 85, PSOD 77.  PMRD continued to fight throughout the second half, pulling away again as the clock ticked down to 10 minutes, but Puget was able to capitalize on some critical PMRD penalties and bring the score to a tie game with less than two minutes to go.  In the very last jam, with a 2-point lead, PMRD's jammer got sent to the box on a major back-block, allowing Puget to pull ahead and score the win with a two-pass powerjam.

Final score: PMRD 155, PSOD 163.  

Exhilarating, to say the least!

Photo by Masonite Burn

Here are some more photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/masonite-burn/sets/72157628180870865/

~Demon

Offline Girl Fawkes

• View Profile
Re: 11/26 Portland Men's Roller Derby vs. Puget Sound Outcasts
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:28:42 AM »
So awesome Demon, congrads! Tell Susan I love her fancy coaching outfit ;)
MRDA, Treasurer and Events Coordinator
CT Death Quads, Bench Manager

RichAround

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 05:08:23 PM »
Sounds like a terrific bout, I wish I'd been there.  Prowled the photos on Flikr, huge virtual high-five to the guy with the Rocky shorts.  Wishing I'd though of it first.

Jack Rabid

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 10:09:54 PM »
Great to see former NYSE skater Adam Antichrist on the track again!  Hi Adam!