Author Topic: General Liability  (Read 2743 times)

baal

General Liability
« on: February 21, 2014, 03:36:34 PM »
Ok I have a question. Ok, we have an agreement that the rink owner covers insurance for the rink first off.

So the question he asked is if already has rink insurance does he need to buy the General Liability and why?

I told him that he did but I don't know the particulars of why that is to be honest. Is there somebody he can contact to talk to about it because I think he doesn't I know what I am talking about.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:47:21 PM by baal »

Offline Girl Fawkes

• View Profile
Re: General Liability
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 05:25:38 PM »
Baal can you be a little more clear?

The owner should have general liability insurance with his insurance already, I'm fairly certain it'd be illegal to operate his business without it. Even if you take out the element of skating, let's say someone trips in the bathroom and sues. That's what general liability is for.

Unless your rink owner runs your league, your league needs their own general liability. This covers your skaters, fans at your bouts, etc. This is part of the WFTDA/MRDA insurance and is why everyone must be on the policy.

Does that help at all?
MRDA, Treasurer and Events Coordinator
CT Death Quads, Bench Manager

baal

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 05:39:52 PM »
Yes that answered my question. Thank you.

He does not run the league but we had an agreement about the insurance being paid by him so long as we use his rink for our events. But I see your point that the League being separate from the rink would still be responsible for problems during an event so we need to be covered separately.

The problem is that he runs a USARS club out of the same rink and he keeps trying to compare us to them. In USARS they pay a club charter fee that includes insurance(I guess?) He was hoping that could be used to cover the MRDA league without purchasing the General Liability. Plus, I think like you said he has other insurance for session times and rink events.

Thanks!

baal

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 06:44:11 PM »
I stand corrected. I was informed that he does run the league.