Author Topic: How to update team Charter?  (Read 812 times)

Offline Lamoureux

• View Profile
How to update team Charter?
« on: February 23, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »
Hello,

I'm a new president of my league, and I need to update this year's charter. I'm not sure how to do this. Part of the problem I think is that I only have a MRDA forums login, not a MRDA.org login. I tried to create a new account and I get this:

"Welcome to the Men’s Roller Derby Association registration page. We are currently working to bring you the new and improved Men’s Roller Derby interactive website. Stay tuned for registration opportunities."

Is the creation of new MRDA.org accounts broken?

Thanks,
- Philip Lamoureux

Offline Goldie Gloves

• Documentation Committee
    • View Profile
    • http://www.goldiegloves.com
Re: How to update team Charter?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 03:28:19 PM »
Hi Philip,
The creation of new MRDA.org accounts is not broken; it is not yet ready for skater registration. The system you tried to register for is the new MRDA Central system. Unfortunately, MRDA Central is not yet ready for skater registration as we are waiting for information from several leagues, and your league is one of them. Please visit this post for details: http://forum.mrda.org/index.php?topic=5287.0

The current charter roster system is located at http://charters.mrda.org/. If you do not have an account, please use the "request account" link. If you have any questions, please let me know or email [email protected].

Thanks,
Goldie
MRDA Secretary
[email protected].
Please email if you have a question or concern.

Affiliated with Casco Bay Gentlemen's Derby

Offline Sakemon

• #admin
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Men's Roller Derby
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 10:05:59 AM »
The Charter system is not working for me.  I am able to log on, but when I attempt to edit Atlanta Men's Roller Derby's league information under League Administration, I get an SQL error and no modifiable fields.  Although we have a charter reflected on the charter page, when I attempt to modify the charter it takes me to an area that is completely blank and unable to add new skaters (they never populate after I enter their information).  Also, none of the players from our existing charter are pre-populated in my view when I attempt to administrate my league's charter.  It looks like a brand new blank charter and skater pool. 

I previously provided screenshots of these issues to Dr. WhoA and Carpe Demon, the latter of which is listed on the "Get Help" section of the Chartering website.  Carpe responded to my email and stated he was no longer associated with the Chartering system and could not help me.  Dr. WhoA was able to have our Charter updated manually in advance of our last bout, but I would hate to have to go through him every time our charter needs to be updated.

Should screenshots be sent to [email protected]?
Sakemon #86
Voting Rep / Blocker
Atlanta Men's Roller Derby

Offline Girl Fawkes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 10:51:20 AM »
Please send them to [email protected] and [email protected]

The new system is almost complete, but they should be able to sort this out now.
MRDA, Treasurer and Events Coordinator
CT Death Quads, Bench Manager

Offline doc flatliner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 12:33:33 PM »
Sakeman, if you are using Internet explorer, that may be the issue. I would get the same error. I found out if I use Chrome, I am able to update my charter without difficulty.

Doc Flatliner
Doc Flatliner
Race City Rebels

Offline Sakemon

• #admin
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Men's Roller Derby
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 11:58:44 AM »
Hi Doc,

Thanks for the advice.  The issue was that, while I was given rights as an admin, I wasn't assigned as admin of my team.  Girl and Goldie have been incredibly helpful in getting me sorted out :)
Sakemon #86
Voting Rep / Blocker
Atlanta Men's Roller Derby